Messages I Learned
Doing Social Justice work is a simple concept, but it isn't easy. While moving forward, we must also trace from where we have come from and what we have learned. This activity is primarily a silent self reflection journey through one's past to better inform our futures.
- Identify messages you learned about one key identity that make you who you are
- Identify messages you learned about at least two group to which you are not a member
- Identity an event where you actively or passively supported oppression
- Connect the functions of internalized and externalized oppression with one's own identities and experiences
- Participate in an authentic conversation regarding emotions, anxieties, and realities of doing social justice work